Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Is It Really Over?

Well my last day has come and gone, I'm actually a little sad it is over. I really enjoyed hanging out with these kids and getting to know about their cultures. My teacher was such a great person. She was always so nice and very kind. She was a saint for having to deal with those kids on a daily basis. Those kids could be the worst of the worst some days, but she handled them very well.
Throughout my experience, I saw many different aspects of interpersonal communication play out. I saw facework everyday, I saw how nonverbal cues played a role in communication, and I also saw how important the different rules of language were to understanding one another. I also got the chance to watch the new kids evolve and go through the process of moving to a new country. I saw their good days, their bad days, and their happy days. It was really cool to see what I was learning in class play out in real life. This project helped me understand what I was learning.
I also have learned that communication can frustrating, especially when communicating with someone who doesn't know your language as well. I know I will have to be a little more patient when I am working with someone who has English as a second language. I also know not to judge someone by my past experiences and to let them show me who they are before I judge them.

No comments:

Post a Comment